Utica, N.Y. - The UFC brought its Fight Night to Utica for the very first time on Friday and area businesses are glad they did.
Sam Tornatore, owner and operator of Babe's Macaroni Grill and Bar in Utica, says every event that comes to the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium like the UFC Fight Night means good things for his business which is less than a mile from the venue.
Tornatore says he is excited UFC has come to town and brought with it quite a group of fans from out of town.
Same goes for Jason Allen-Leonard, co-owner of Bite Bakery & Cafe in Bagg's Square.
Allen-Leonard says the UFC in town meant a big day for his business on Friday all day long, "The people here, the influx of people is just incredible, the people walking around is great so many people are exploring the city they’re saying new things." He adds having Fight Night broadcast live across the country is also a big plus for Utica, "Think it’s great for the area, I think it puts you to on the map across the nation, it’s being televised which is wonderful."
- Area businesses cashing in with the UFC in town
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- UFC star McGregor arraigned in melee
- UFC fighters marvel at Utica atmosphere
- Cold Hard Cash
- MMA fighting comes to Utica for UFC Fight Night
- UFC fighters weigh-in on eve of Fight Night
- Area businesses participate in Goldman Sachs program
- Cuomo calls to end cash bail, local authorities explain what it could mean for the area
- Maryland business owners share input on town's comprehensive plan