Three area business owners have participated in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program.
Jennifer Keida from Standard Insulating in Marcy, Susan Green from Paperkite in Cooperstown, and Bill Michaels from Fly Creek Cider Mill in Fly Creek have all participated in the program to grow their companies.
The program is free and designed to help local, small businesses grow their businesses and employ more people.
“It has made a huge difference from the time I participated in the program to now,” Keida said. “We've tripled in size, we've more than doubled the amount of employees we have."
Keida, Green, and Michaels all attended the program at LaGuardia Community College in Queens, N.Y.
Keida graduated from the program in 2013.
"I was the first person outside of the metropolitan area to apply for the program, it was still pretty new,“ Keida said. “I thought that I might be too far away because the program is out of LaGuardia Community College, it completley shifted the business."
Green graduated earlier this year.
“It was a very intense, condensed program where I learned so much about all aspects of business,” Green said. “It is all about growth mindset and since the program, we've seen growth so that's been great."
Michaels just graduated Sept. 4.
”Every thing that is centered around the program is towards growth opportunity and this growth opportunity then will be implemented in your business,“ Michaels said. “This will give you an opportunity to hone your business skills as well as develop an opportunity program for your business that you can also share and be a mentor for other businesses in the area."
For more information or to apply for the program, click here.
- Area businesses participate in Goldman Sachs program
- Goldman Sachs warns that the coronavirus could slow the US economy
- Utica College earns accreditation for business programs
- Over a dozen local businesses participating in Little Falls Restaurant Week
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Local students participate in National Walkout Day
- Police officers participate in tactical training scenarios
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night
- WKTV participates in Boilermaker pasta challenge
- Central New Yorkers participate in NYC Stairclimb