WHITESBORO, NY - Several area restaurants came to the rescue Sunday with the help of some local celebrities.
The 26th annual Gourmet Guys - Restaurants to the Rescue, had people lining up to sample some fine cuisine, from over 25 participating restaurants.
It was all for a good cause, raising money for the many programs and services of the Rescue Mission of Utica.
Jim Haid, the Executive Director of the Rescue Mission of Utica says their shelter is fuller than it’s ever been.
"We haven't even gotten into the winter months yet. We expanded the bed capacity in the shelter, and those beds are already filled up. Whether its mental illness, a struggle with addiction, homelessness, no matter what it is, the Rescue Mission is there to help those in our community. We can only do that with the support of those who come out and support the Rescue Mission with events like this."
- Area restaurants come to the rescue
- 2 employees fatally shot during robbery at Syracuse-area restaurant
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant
- Rescue Mission goals
- Welder from Lee Center working on building another rescue sled for area first responders
- 2 restaurants close at Sangertown mall
- El Barajo Restaurant set to reopen Friday
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Utica
- Chesterfield owners open new restaurant in Utica