ORISKANY, N.Y. – Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol honored veterans and those serving on active duty with National Defense Service pins on Friday.
During a ceremony at the sheriff’s office, roughly 70 employees were recognized for their service.
Photo courtesy of Oneida County Sheriff's Office
“We want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for serving our country. The values that we cherish today are because of the commitments of folks like you. The men and women like you and like others across this great Country who served in the US military,” said Maciol.
The pin awarded to the men and women during the ceremony were designed by the New York State Sheriff’s Association.
The following recipients were recognized during the ceremony:
Charles DeRider III
Fred Lomanto Jr.
Leon Parks III
- Around 70 sheriff's office employees receive National Defense Service pins
- Mug Club: Veterans Pinning Ceremony
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- Madison County Sheriff's Office Criminal Division receives first state accreditation
- More than 60 Vietnam War veterans recognized for service at pinning ceremony
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office members honored with service awards
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- National Day of Service recognized locally
- Cuomo campaign pins blame for Cynthia Nixon flier on staffer
- Pinning ceremony shows gratitude for local Vietnam vets