New Hartford, N.Y. - New Hartford Police have arrested a Rome man for a violent robbery case we first told you about in February.
Police say 22-year-old Marquise Howard of Rome has now been arrested and charged with robbery.
They say it was back on February 15th that Howard was a passenger in a vehicle in the Hannaford Plaza Parking lot in Washington Mills.
Police say Howard set up a meeting with a man from Chadwicks through the online website called LetGo to sell him a playstation, but when the buyer approached the vehicle at the Hannaford Plaza with the cash in hand, police say Howard grabbed the man's hand and money, then grabbed and wouldn't let go of his belt, dragging that individual across the parking lot.
The victim suffered some major injuries, including hematomas to the brain and was hospitalized for a week.
Right now, Marquise Howard is only facing the one charge of robbery.
The driver so far has not been charged, but police say other arrests are pending.
Howard is being held in the Oneida County Jail on $20,000 cash bail.
- Arrest made in case where Chadwicks man was dragged across Hannaford parking lot
- Chadwicks man: They robbed me and dragged me across the parking lot
- New Hannaford store coming to Rome
- Boil water order lifted in Chadwicks
- Approvals granted for new Hannaford, Byrne Dairy in Rome
- Construction begins at site of new Hannaford in Rome
- Hannaford on Commercial Drive back to normal after network outage
- Flood-damaged houses to be demolished in Chadwicks
- Demolition begins on Chadwicks houses damaged by flooding
- Sewer work to cause water shutdown in Chadwicks