UTICA, NY -- Two Utica men face charges this morning after a number of shots were fired off around 7:30 Thursday night.
Police found one of the men they are questioning holding an assault style rifle on the front porch of a Hope Street home.
Two men were brought into custody for questioning. Police found 33 year old Thomas Bell with heroin and crack cocaine on him. Bell is charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The other man was 28 year old Detron Brown. He was found standing on the front porch while holding an assault style rifle.
He's charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a firearm.
We're told that before police arrived, the other parties involved fled the scene.
If anyone knows the identities of those involved, you're asked to call Utica Police at (315) 223-3510. All calls will be kept confidential.
- Arrests made in Utica shots-fired investigation
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- 2 Utica teens charged in shots fired investigation
- 12 arrested in Utica undercover prostitution investigation
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- Police: Arrests made in Utica tobacco purchasing sting
- Deputies look into Vienna shots fired investigation
- 17-year-old charged after Utica shots fired incident
- Utica man pleads guilty to shots fired case
- Utica fire investigators looking into South St. fire cause