UTICA, N.Y. – The attorney for Tom Giruzzi says his client was denied access to legal counsel before he was given a blood test when he was arrested in May. Motions were filed in in Utica City Court Wednesday, including suppression of evidence.
Giruzzi, the former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator, was arrested after a sheriff’s deputy allegedly found cocaine in his car during a traffic stop in March. He was fired as the county's STOP DWI coordinator following the arrest.
His next court date is scheduled for Nov. 25.
- Attorney claims Giruzzi was denied legal counsel after arrest
- Former probation director named Oneida County's interim STOP DWI coordinator following Giruzzi arrest
- Cuomo's legal counsel to head major LGBTQ-rights group
- Utica Attorney Mark Wolber answers legal questions
- Kavanaugh denies 2nd claim of sexual misconduct
- Burger King denies food tampering claim by officer
- Special counsel Robert Mueller ends investigation
- Legal vs. illegal fireworks
- Legal Line: Call local attorneys to see if you have a case
- Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in NY