HOLLAND PATENT, N.Y. – The Oneida County Sheriff’s office says they have made an arrest following a threat made on social media against Holland Patent Middle School.
Authorities are not releasing the identity of the person arrested and are not saying whether the juvenile is a student at Holland Patent. The juvenile is charged with making a terroristic threat, a class D felony.
The sheriff’s department was called to the school at approximately 1:10 PM on Wednesday to respond a reported social media threat. The social media threat forced school officials to put the school into lockout mode as a precaution. Authorities later determined the threat to be non-credible. No students were in any danger and no students were hurt.
Officials say the investigation is ongoing.
- Authorities make arrest in social media threat against Holland Patent
- Holland Patent School District initiates lockout in response to social media threat
- Holland Patent school board members discuss threat at meeting
- Holland Patent keeping eyes on section title
- Holland Patent holds off Waterville in double-overtime thriller
- Holland Patent man injured in Trenton snowmobile accident
- Holland Patent girls soccer confident heading into state semifinals
- Holland Patent boys, VVS girls crowned tournament champs
- Holland Patent wrestler breaking the mold in high school wrestling
- Holland Patent school officials say 'no credible threat' after rumors of hit list