The state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) is searching for a local parolee who is considered dangerous.
According to the notice, 66-year-old Ronald Cook of Utica appears to have cut off his GPS ankle bracelet yesterday, and he stopped reporting to his assigned parole officer.
Cook was last seen in the city of Rome around 3 p.m. yesterday, wearing a bright yellow windbreaker. The notice states that Cook should be considered dangerous and if you spot him, you’re asked to call 911 immediately.
Cook is described as being a white male, 5-foot 9-inches tall, weighing 240 pounds, with grey hair and hazel eyes. According to the state sex offender registry, he's a registered Level 3 Sex Offender, the highest designation available. Level 3 offenders are considered to be sexually violent offenders and predicate sex offenders.
Cook was convicted of first-degree rape in 1991, and his female victim was 24 years old.
Cook is in violation of Strict and Intensive Supervision under the jurisdiction of DOCCS, according to the notice. Leads can also be reported to Investigator Stewart at 315-403-0311, Sr. Investigator Fox at 315-575-3469, or the 24-hour Operation Center at 1-800-660-9890.
- Authorities searching for local parolee considered to be dangerous
- Parolee wanted since October arrested in Rome
- Gov. Cuomo orders voting rights restored for all parolees
- Parolee facing several drug, weapon charges in Utica
- Parolee escapes custody, later found on Herkimer roof; 1 officer injured
- Local author returns to Mohawk Valley for book signings
- After a more than 40-year search, authorities say an ex-cop is the Golden State Killer
- Bali Volcano: Danger Zone Expands
- Shoveling snow can be dangerous
- Local woman in search of a kidney donor