Rome, N.Y. - The latest movie in the Avengers series is proving to be one for the ages.
Avengers: Endgame came out Thursday night and continues to sell out theatres nationwide.
That was the case Thursday night and all day on Friday at Rome Cinemas on Erie Boulevard in Rome.
General Manager Jason Gleasman says 4 of the 8 screens at Rome Cinemas are showing the movie, and he says every single show sold out on Friday just as it did Thursday night.
Roberto Gonzalez of Rome brought his two young sons Friday night to Rome Cinemas and dad sounded like more of the Avengers fan than the kids did, "They like it, they want to know what happens at the end, who dies and who survives." Gonzales says so did he.
Logan DuPont, a 10th grader at RFA, was among the many teenagers who came out to see the movie in Rome Friday night. DuPont says the whole four movie series has been incredible, "They meet new villains, they get a lot of new heroes with them, a lot of new additions, especially in the last one. This one is just the big end to one of the biggest conflicts they've had I think."
Gleasman says if you do want to see Avengers: Endgame, it may be a good idea to go to your local theatre to buy tickets early in the day for the showing you want to see, and then go back later and see it then because it may be a few days before things slow down.
- Avengers: Endgame - Marvel mania hits the Mohawk Valley
- 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer is finally here
- 'Avengers: Endgame' shatters records with $1.2 billion opening
- Heavy, wet snow hits the Mohawk Valley
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Snow emergencies declared as heavy snow hits Mohawk Valley
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency