ONEONTA, NY – Family, and friends of Michael Shaver gathered at the Oneonta Municipal Airport Saturday to remember the avid airman.
Shaver, who was originally from Laurens in Otsego County, was reported missing in 2015.
His remains were found in Florida this past June.
His death in Florida remains a mystery and is under investigation.
Shaver’s sister, Stacie Turner, says her brother learned to fly at the Oneonta airport and would become a member of the crew of Precious Metal Air Racing.
“He would fly over my house and do tricks. He was the best person to know, whether being a friend, a son, a brother, a nephew, anybody. Everybody who knew Michael loved him.”
- Avid airman remembered by family and friends
- Family and friends hold candlelight vigil to remember Bianca Devins
- Family and friends react to Utica College threat
- Family and friends of missing Dolgeville man speak out
- End of watch: Family, friends say goodbye to Wayne Smoulcey
- Remembering Veterans and their families with Flags for Heroes
- Remembering Anthony “Pags” Pagliaro
- Remembering John McCain
- Preparing to remember
- West Winfield remembers 9-11