UPDATE: Utica Police say one male was shot in the lower abdomen. They say as the victim was in the auto shop, several males entered, a shot was fired, and the male was struck. The suspects then fled the scene before officers arrived.
The investigation is on-going.
UTICA N.Y.-Utica Police are investigating a shooting that sent one person to the hospital Friday night.
It happened right around 10:00 at J & V Auto Sales at the intersection of Oriskany Street West & Schuyler Street in Utica.
Police say a male was shot inside the auto garage. He was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Sgt. Michael Curley tells NewsChannel 2 that police "are currently canvassing the area for witnesses or any kind of video surveillance."
"We do not have any suspect information at this point and the case is ongoing." said Curley.
Police believe there are more than one suspect involved in the incident. They are asking for the public's help in this case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Utica Police at (315) 223-3510.
- One Person shot on Oriskany Street in Utica
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Oriskany Street, Utica
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- Traffic alert: Expected lane closures on Route 5S Oriskany Street in Utica
- Oriskany Street back open following massive water main break in Utica
- Power outages due to Oriskany Street construction expected
- One person shot on Elizabeth St. in Utica
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- 21-year-old man shot on Roberts Street in Utica
- Police arrest Utica man after shots fired on Erie Street