COOPERSTOWN, N.Y.- The Otsego County Jail's inmate housing units have been temporarily closed.
All of the jail's inmates have been transferred to facilities in nearby counties.
Sheriff Richard Devlin says a water leakage in various parts of the facility could pose a hazard.
The cause of the leaks has been identified and are in the process of being repaired.
The Sheriff's Office is working with the New York State Commission of Corrections, the Otsego County Chairman of the Board of Representatives, Engineers, and Health and Safety Officials to properly repair and correct the situation.
If you have any questions concerning where an inmate has been transferred, you can call the Otsego County Jail at (607) 547-4252.
- Otsego County Jail shut down due to water leakage
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County's website taken offline due to cyber attack
- Inmate at Otsego County Jail accused of attacking another inmate
- Is it time for a new Otsego County Jail?
- Otsego County Jail will now hold centralized arraignments in lobby
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair