(WMC) Police say a 20-month-old was stabbed to death and put into a heated oven in a Shaw, Mississippi home.
Officials have identified a person in custody in connection with the murder as the toddler's 48-year-old grandmother, Carolyn Jones, who was living in the home.
Jones is charged with first-degree murder and is being held on a $500,000 bond.
Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams, Sr. said he struggled to make sense of the heinous act.
"I've been in law enforcement a long time, 26 years almost. I've been from St. Louis to here and some of the most horrific scenes that I've seen in law enforcement involve children," said Williams.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2OvoqU0
- Baby stabbed, baked in oven in Mississippi
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- Amazon is adding Alexa into earbuds, eyeglasses, high-end speakers and even an oven
- Francis Street Stabbing
- Madison County Stabbing
- Owners of Bite Bakery open Wisk Baking Co. in Old Forge
- Royal baby name announced
- NEWSTALK: 2018 March for Babies
- Baby tossed from burning building