COOPERSTOWN- Among the various activities in Cooperstown this weekend, fans hit the streets for the 7th annual “Base Run”. This race drew fans of all ages for its classic 5k fun run and the competitive 10k, which both benefit the Baseball Hall of Fame’s educational initiative called, “Outreach For Base”.
“[The race] was a lot hillier than we were expecting,” said Heather Gadkari, of Glen Rock, New Jersey. “But beautiful scenery.”
The race started and ended at Doubleday Field. Its course featured a scenic view throughout downtown Cooperstown and along the warning track of the historic ballpark.
If you or a family member missed out on the race this year, The National Baseball Hall of Fame will be presenting their 8th race next year.
- Base Run Draws Hundreds
- Artisan Festival draws hundreds to Cooperstown
- Hundreds run in the Erie Canal Half : A Boilermaker Event
- Mug Club: CABVI Designer Draw
- Hamilton College graduates hundreds
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- $100,000 Miracle Drawing tickets SOLD OUT!
- Marcy woman wins CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- Clinton-based composting business turns waste into profit
- The Boolermaker is back, bringing in hundreds