(WAND) High school sophomore Irina Yeakley doesn't let her lack of fingers or her prosthetic leg slow her down on the basketball court.
"No Excuses." It's not just a t-shirt slogan to Illinois high school sophomore Irina Yeakley -- it's a bona fide lifestyle.
Yeakley suits up for the Decatur Christian Warriors despite having deformed and missing fingers, plus a prosthetic leg that she custom-designed with Harry Potter slogans and insignia.
Despite the physical differences between her and her opponents, she not only shows up -- she's the Warriors' best player.
"I just work hard and I don't act like I have a disability," Yeakley said. "I don't feel sorry for myself either because I've worked hard to (get) where I am."
- Basketball hero: No fingers, no problem
- Government shutdown begins, and so does the finger-pointing
- Governor signs law banning Finger Lakes trash incinerators
- Portrait of a hero
- Ilion water problems continue
- Green Light Law Problems
- Helping heroes find a home
- Mug Club: Flags for Heroes
- Mug Club: "Flags for Heroes"
- Erin Hamlin returns home to hero's welcome