COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- There's a new member of Bassett Medical Center's security team.
Hudson is the first K-9 to work on the hospital's security detail.
He's 3 ½ years old and will be working with handler and security officer Robert Meiser.
The two started making rounds at the hospital last month.
Hudson is adaptable. Yes, he's there for security, but can also provide comforting distraction for children in the emergency room, when called upon.
- Bassett Medical Center's security team gets four-legged security detail
- Bassett Medical Center nurse accused of video recording employees
- Bassett Medical Center receives $8M grant for new care equipment
- It's a boy! 1,000th baby born at Bassett Medical Center this year
- UPDATE : Bassett emergency department now back open
- Avoiding Social Security scams
- Brindisi talks to local seniors about medication costs, social security
- Bassett Hospitals see high medication numbers in Drug Take-Back Week
- Brindisi, Griffo secure $175,000 to enhance Whitesboro schools' security