Sherrill, N.Y. - The city of Sherrill decided earlier this week to open its Al Glover Pool this weekend, which is earlier than expected for the weekends this season, because of the expected hot weather, and people have turned out in droves to take advantage of that cooling mechanism in the extreme temperatures this weekend.
Pool Supervisor Alycia Kriger says 500 people turned out on Saturday and she expected just as many, if not more, here on Sunday.
Kriger says even with the opportunity to jump in and out of the pool, people can still feel the effects of the sun and extreme heat, "We're trying to keep everyone hydrated, we're trying to keep everyone cool. We don't want anyone to get hurt today so we're just trying to keep everyone safe. I mean it's super hot."
- Beating the heat
- Beating holiday back pain
- Tenney Re-Election Gets Heated
- Paving in the Heat 101
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- Need help with heat? HEAP assistance available
- 22nd Congressional district race heats up
- The symptoms of heat-related illnesses
- Extreme, extended heat in the forecast...
- Keeping pets safe in the heat