Enjoy the warmth over the next few days, because the coolest air so far this season is going to arrive beginning Friday and will last through the weekend. It will be cold enough for snow showers, too. No, this is not the end of fall, but it is going to be a sharp contrast to the 60s and sunshine we've enjoyed.
The transition happens Thursday night with a strong cold front. Heavy rain is expected to develop on Halloween night - something to keep in mind for the trick or treaters. A general 1-2" of rain is possible, with locally higher amounts. Localized flooding is possible late Thursday night into early Friday.
Windy, much colder weather will follow with highs only in the 40s on Friday. Colder air settles in on Saturday and Sunday, cold enough for lake effect snow showers. The upper level temperatures are cold enough for snow showers - the most favorable time being Sunday and Sunday night.
- Big temperature fluctuations this week
- A big change in the temperature later this week
- Big changes in the weather are expected this week.
- Big changes in the weather Wednesday
- Rollercoaster of temperatures continues
- 70% of the country will experience freezing temperatures this week
- Big changes coming to the Marquee in New Hartford
- Big changes could come to Schenevus CSD with budget approval
- Freezing temperatures and your plumbing
- Change your clocks, change your batteries