Utica, N.Y. - A nice crowd lined Genesee St. in Utica Saturday morning for the annual Utica St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Among the proudest of marchers in the parade included Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri, who walked this year with his young grandson James. Palmieri says despite the cold, it's a tremedous day, "We're in Utica, it St. Patrick’s Day, it’s the best day of our life that we have here, we’re all Irish today. It's a great time to be out."
The sun definitely helped the low 20's temperatures, but a brisk wind made it feel even colder than those 20 degree temps.
Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol led a contingent of marchers from the Oneida County Sheriff's Dept.. Maciol says this is always a signature event for the city each year, "Very special day, not only for those folks who are Irish, but the entire community."
Among the eariest to get their spot along Genesee St. near Columbia St. was Sheila Stewart of Utica who propped up her folding chair, "I always come out here every year because I just love St. Patrick’s Day."
Stewart says it may have been the coldest St. Patrick's Day Parade ever, but it is worth braving the cold just to see the parade itself and to see everyone come together.
Jerrod Doyle of Rome makes the trip to see the parade every year. He says he loves Utica, and he loves St. Patrick's Day, "I’m Irish, so it means a lot. I think about my grandfather, his parents came from Ireland."
WKTV Chief Meteorologist Bill Kardis led a contingent of WKTV staff members marching down Genesee St.. Kardis says at least it wasn't snowing for a change, "At least we're walking with the wind and the sun came out which it makes a little better."
- Big crowd braves the cold for Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- GALLERY: 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Road closures, parking regulations for St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Old Forge celebrates St. Patrick's Day with annual parade
- Week of events for Utica's St. Patrick's Day celebrations
- Mug Club: Ava Dorfman St. Patrick's Day
- Harried Housewife: St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes