Athens, NY – On March 22, 2019, at approximately 2:29 a.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the town of Athens. The driver, 19 year old Samantha M. Segara of Utica, NY, was found to be in possession of about 3 grams of marijuana. The passenger, 24 year old Xzavier T. Ross of Utica, NY, was found to be in possession of just over 3 pounds of marijuana.
Ross was taken into custody and was charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana 2nd degree; a Class D Felony. Segara was charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana. State Police did not provide a mugshot for Segara.
- Big pot bust on the Thruway
- Two men found with large amounts of pot following Thruway traffic stop, state police say
- NY launches mobile app for Thruway travel
- 16 bridges rehabbed along NYS Thruway
- After nearly 3 decades, local Thruway worker continues taking tolls
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- Multiple crashes close snowy Thruway east of Buffalo
- Man accused of driving 108 mph on Thruway while intoxicated
- Clinton man killed in car-pedestrian accident on Thruway
- NY Thruway bridge tolls amnesty program collects $1M-plus