NEW HARTFORD N.Y.- Black Friday is officially underway and NewsChannel 2 didn’t have to go far to look for shoppers in action.
Our camera crew went to Sangertown Square Mall in New Hartford and it was a packed house there. Shoppers were focused on seeking the best deals and getting a head start on their holiday shopping.
There were also families getting together after enjoying Thanksgiving together. Shoppers we spoke with tell us they are enjoying every moment of it weather it’s their first time Black Friday shopping, or doing it every year.
"It's different than shopping normally. It's pretty cool though because everything is liked marked down. So, you can get a lot more stuff." said Ethan Kull a Whitesboro resident.
Auna Snow, another Whitesboro resident says she goes Black Friday Shopping “almost every year”.
When our photographer asked her what she likes to buy she said “clothes”.
A first-time Black Friday shopper from Sauquoit Joesph Maugeri, says he enjoys shopping, and he wanted to “dip his toes into the water.”
"I think it’s really nice to be part of a bigger experience. There's kind of a mutual respect among shoppers here. It's not like other Black Friday scenes where everybody is clawing to fight each other and what not. I think here you know, everybody knows what’s going on.” said Maugeri.
If you weren’t able to make it out to Sangertown Square Mall tonight don’t worry. The Mall will be open Friday November 29th 2019 from 8:00am-10:00pm, and Saturday November 30th 2019 from 8:00am-9:00pm.
- Black Friday officially underway in the Mohawk Valley
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Mohawk Valley Welcomes Veterans for Free Picnic
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Heavy, wet snow hits the Mohawk Valley
- Third Annual Mohawk Valley Basketball Classic