A blizzard warning has been issued for Otsego County, according to the National Weather Service in Binghamton.
During a blizzard, winds can reach as high as 50mph, causing whiteout conditions and blowing snow. Significant snow drifting is also likely, along with tree damage, downed power lines and power outages.
As of 1 p.m., there are 836 NYSEG customers without power in Otsego County.
The NWS says that additional snow accumulations of 10-14 inches are expected, especially at higher elevations. The NWS is urging people not to travel during this time.
The blizzard warning is in effect until 1 a.m. Saturday.
- Blizzard warning issued for Otsego County
- Blizzard warning in effect
- State issues warning about raw milk from Otsego County farm
- Travel advisories issued in Oneida, Otsego counties
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Authorities warn of phone scam in Otsego County
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair