SYRACUSE – Rock band Blondie is set to perform a free concert at the Great New York State Fair on the fair’s opening day.
Blondie, a band best known for its hits such as “Heart of Glass” and “The Tide is High,” will perform at Chevy Court at 8 p.m. Aug. 22. Admission to the fair is $1 on that day because it’s the opening day, and concerts at Chevy Court are free with fair admission.
Blondie was founded in 1974 by lead singer Debbie Harry and guitarist Chris Stein. The Grammy-nominated band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006.
Six other concerts have also been scheduled at Chevy Court for the 2018 State Fair:
- Hunter Hayes, at 8 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits, at 2 p.m. Monday, August 27
- Smokey Robinson, at 8 p.m. Monday, August 27
- Lil Yachty, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 29
- Maren Morris, at 1 p.m. Monday, September 3
- Niall Horan, at 6 p.m. Monday, September 3
For more information about this year's Great New York State Fair, click here.
- Blondie to perform at Chevy Court opening day of NY State Fair
- The Temptations to perform in Chevy Court for NYS Fair
- Big & Rich joins Chevy Court lineup for 2018 NYS Fair
- Rapper Little Yachty to perform at Chevy Court during 2018 NYS Fair
- ZZ Top to perform at NYS Fair's Chevy Court this summer
- Dropkick Murphys to perform at NYS Fair Chevy Court on Tuesday
- Counting Crows to play at NYS Fair's Chevy Court this summer
- Ludacris, Hanson added to this summer's Chevy Court lineup
- Health inspectors detail food violations at NY State Fair
- Cops: Chevy Chase kicked in roadside altercation in New York