There’s an urgent need for blood donations due to the severe weather events happening across the country, especially the cold and the snow.
Herkimer College hosted the American Red Cross Thursday for a blood drive on campus. It was sponsored by the Black Latino Student Union, who says that everyone needs to come together for the cause.
“We want to have inclusiveness for everyone, especially for things like the blood drive,” said Cassandra Wood, president of the Black Latino Student Union at Herkimer College. “We don't like to have just one group superior against another. We didn't want labels and judgement and said everyone has blood running through their bodies so everyone should be able to donate.”
Several local organizations have been hosting blood drives to help increase the supply. You can roll up your sleeves and donate at these events, or visit the local Red Cross donation center at 4685 Commerical Dr., New Hartford.
For more information about the local donation center, click here.
- Blood drive at Herkimer College highlights urgent need for donations
- Mug Club: Blood Drive
- Blood Donor Month: Red Cross in urgent need of blood donations
- 'Missing letters' encourage blood donation
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Blood shortage
- Herkimer College announces new police training program
- Local manufactures talk business at Herkimer College
- Herkimer College closing campus children's center