Utica, N.Y. - The Utica Blue Sox scored seven straight runs after giving up a first inning run thanks to an error, as they topped the Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs 8-2 at Murnane Field in the teams' first match-up of the season, Tuesday.
Oriskany High School grad Ryan Enos went 4-for-4 with three RBI's, and Luis Deleon went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI's for the Sox in the win.
Proctor grad Vincenzo Castronovo (1-for-5) also drove in a run for Utica with Tyler Simon (1-for-4) and Tim Mira (1-for-3) driving in the others.
Mike Bovenzi got the win on the mound pitching 4.1 innings, giving up six hits, one run and striking out five.
Kyle Johnson drove in Mohawk Valley's only earned run in the contest.
With the win, the Blue Sox improve to 3-1 on the season. With the loss, the DiamondDawgs drop to 2-2.
- Blue Sox top DiamondDawgs in first meeting of 2019 season
- DiamondDawgs pound Blue Sox at Murnane Field
- DiamondDawgs even season series with win over Blue Sox in seesaw game
- Blue Sox top Dragons to get back in win column; DiamondDawgs drop fourth straight in extras to Mohawks
- Blue Sox clinch West Division title with doubleheader sweep over DiamondDawgs
- Blue Sox, Diamond Dawgs ousted from playoffs
- Blue Sox take care of business at home against rival DiamondDawgs, Utica Post uses fifth inning rally to defeat Adrean Post
- DiamondDawgs host Purple in the Park night
- Blue Sox sizzle in the summer heat, rout top-ranked Mohawks
- Blue Sox take different paths towards same goal