Eagle Bay, N.Y. - Boaters on Fourth Lake came to the rescue of a man and a three year old girl Wednesday afternoon, and Town of Webb Police Chief Ronald Johnston says those boaters efforts most likely saved both of their lives.
Chief Johnston says witnesses saw 37-year-old Jack Canning of Framingham, Massachusetts carrying the three year old girl in the waters of Fourth Lake in Eagle Bay when he suddenly collapsed, possibly from a medical condition.
He went down in the water, and so did the three-year-old girl.
Boaters quickly came to their rescue, but Canning had become unconscious.
The girl was pulled from the water without injuries.
The boaters used CPR to resuscitate Canning who was then airlifted by Mercy Flight to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse where Johnston says he was last listed in stable condition.
Chief Johnston says one of the boaters that helped perform CPR was an off-duty Utica firefighter.
- Boaters on Fourth Lake come to the rescue of man and 3-year-old girl
- Boaters on Fourth Lake help save life of man, 3-year-old girl
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- Police ID 3-year-old boy who drowned in Goodyear Lake; death ruled accidental
- Man convicted of murder for running over 3-year-old boy
- Young girl rescued from elevator shaft
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office announces 2018 boater safety courses
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety
- Free NYS Boater Safety Course offered in Oriskany, registration required
- Rome man rescued from near drowning at Delta Lake State Park