WEBB, N.Y. -- Boaters on Fourth Lake came to the rescue of a man and a 3-year-old girl, and the boater's efforts appear to have saved both of their lives.
The town of Webb police chief says the man, 37-year-old Jack Canning from Massachusetts, was carrying a girl in the shallow waters, but collapsed from an unknown medical episode.
Fellow boaters saw it happen and loaded canning onto a boat to perform CPR, and they grabbed the child who was not injured.
Canning is in stable condition, after being airlifted by Mercy Flight to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse.
The chief says one of the boaters that helped was an off-duty Utica firefighter.
- Boaters on Fourth Lake help save life of man, 3-year-old girl
- Boaters on Fourth Lake come to the rescue of man and 3-year-old girl
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- Dog Saves Rome Man's Life
- New state law to strengthen boater safety
- South New Berlin man's life saved by stranger
- Learning how to save a life
- NewsTalk: Save A Life Campaign donation match
- Police ID 3-year-old boy who drowned in Goodyear Lake; death ruled accidental
- Man convicted of murder for running over 3-year-old boy