UPDATE: The boil water advisory for a section of Oriskany has been lifted, according to the Mohawk Valley Water Authority.
MVWA officials say that bacteriological laboratory results confirmed the water is safe for consumption.
ORISKANY – A boil water advisory has been issued for a section of Oriskany following a water main break.
Mohawk Valley Water Authority officials say maintenance crews have repaired a water main break near Utica Street and Ridge Road in the village of Oriskany, and now a boil water advisory is in effect for that area.
Customers on the following streets are under a boil water advisory:
- Utica Street (between Hillside Drive and Ridge Road)
- Ridge Road
- Hillside Drive
- Sunray Terrace
- Husted Drive
- Ceral Lane
- Spillway Drive
The boil water advisory will be in effect for at least 48 hours, or until tests show the water is free from contamination, according to MVWA officials.
Affected customers are advised to boil their water for at least two minutes before using it for drinking or cooking. They’re also advised against using cloudy or discolored water, especially hot water. Customers should also avoid washing their clothes because they could become permanently stained.
For more information, you can call the Boil Water Advisory Hotline at 315-792-0309.
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Herkimer
- Boil water advisory lifted in Middleville
- Boil water advisory lifted for Frankfort residents
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted for Village of Ilion
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory in New Hartford has been lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in village of Frankfort
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in south Ilion
- UPDATE:Boil water advisory lifted for New Hartford and Utica
- Stockbridge boil water notice lifted