Three words - we lucked out! It's been a very hot summer so far in Central New York, with 5 days in the past week at or above 90 degrees. A strong cold front finally moved through early Friday morning and the stage is set for beautiful weather this entire Boilermaker weekend!
Saturday starts out cool, with overnight lows in the upper 40s! The sun is out in force throughout the day, bringing temperatures into the 60s for the kids run at MVCC. The weather stays dry and sunny throughout the weekend, with highs in the upper 70s on Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures start out near 60 for the Boilermaker Start. It might not be a bad idea to bring a light jacket to the start, but you won't need it for long. Temperatures climb quickly through the 60s during the race.
Start temperature: 60°
Humidity: Low (77% is the relative humidity, with a dew point of 53)
Wind: Light from the east 4-8mph
Sky cover: Sunny (0-10% clouds)
9am temperature: 65°
9:30am temperature: 67°
10am temperature: 70°
11am temperature: 75°
Good luck to all the first time runners! This weather is near ideal for a road race in July!
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Boilermaker Weekend Forecast
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- 2019 Boilermaker recap
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker Road Race unveils 2018 logo, new 15K sponsor