UTICA – With 220 days left until the 2018 Boilermaker Road Race on July 8, race officials have unveiled the new logo for next year’s race along with a new sponsor.
The Boilermaker has re-designed its logo each year since 1993. The new logo for the 2018 race was designed by Boilermaker intern Ben Keeler.
For the first time, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield will sponsor the Boilermaker 15K race. The 5K race will be sponsored by Carbone Auto Group.
The registration caps for the 15K and 5K races remain the same as last year, with 14,500 runners for the 15K and 4,500 runners for the 5K.
Early registration for the Boilermaker begins at 12 p.m. March 8 and closes at 12 p.m. March 16, and that’s for people who finished the race in 2017 and those who deferred their registration to this year. Open registration for the race begins at 12 p.m. March 17.
Once again, Race Director Jim Stasaitis wants another uneventful event, and that meals that safety is the No. 1 priority.
“We want safety for our runners, for our volunteers and our spectators,” said Jim Stasaitis, director of the Boilermaker Road Race. “So we’re working on that year-round, as far as security, whatever. We want it safe, we want everybody to still have fun, and everybody involved on the security team knows that and we’ve got great cooperation and everybody does a great job with that.”
Merchandise with the new 2018 Boilermaker logo is now available for purchase at boilermakermerch.com.
Tune into the NEWSChannel 2 Live at Five Newshour to hear more about the new sponsor and some changes you could see on the Boilermaker course in 2018.
- Boilermaker Road Race unveils 2018 logo, new 15K sponsor
- New logo unveiled for 2019 Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Boilermaker 15k officially capped, closing 2019 road race
- Boilermaker 15K registration closes out
- Celebrate the Champions: Boilermaker 15K and 5K Race results
- Boilermaker 15K and 5K races both sold out
- Daniel Romanchuk wins Boilermaker 15K wheelchair race for 3rd time
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker unveils new mobile app