UTICA,N.Y. --- For the first time ever, the Boilermaker held resolution registration. Runners were able to go online and register early for the race.
This was all to try and get the runners to get out and start training early. Within hours of opening, organizers reported that they already sold more than half of the allotted 2020 bibs. They then extended the deadline to 2:20 p.m. keeping with their 2020 theme.
The cap was exceeded, but race organizers want to stress if you didn't register today, there's still plenty of spots.
"Those who weren't able to take advantage of it today, have no fear there are plenty left. In about 9 or ten weeks in March, early access. will begin. Then open registration follows a week after," said Boilermaker President Mark Donovan.
Those that did take advantage of the resolution registration did receive a free copy of the Boilermaker training video.
- Boilermaker debuts resolution registration
- Boilermaker 15K registration closes out
- Newstalk: Open registration for the Boilermaker
- Boilermaker offering early registration for 2020 race
- Boilermaker early registration opens at midnight
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- Boilermaker open registration opens Saturday; 15K spots nearly half full
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race
- Early access registration now open for Boilermaker Road Race
- Open registration for the 2019 Boilermaker Road Race underway