UTICA, N.Y. – The Boilermaker Road Race unveiled the new 2020 logo on Tuesday, as well as a new registration window that will begin in January.
The logo was designed by Ryan McGrogan of McGrogan Design, who also created the 2019 logo, and painted the Boilermaker’s Court Street mural.
To celebrate the 2020 race, registration for the 15K will open on Jan. 1 at midnight, for 20 hours and 20 minutes, or until 2,020 spots have been filled. The special registration period is open to anyone looking to run the 15K, regardless of previous participation in Boilermaker events.
"The earlier people commit to train, the better; so this year what we chose to do is, New Year's Day is resolution day, so this year we are introducing for the first time the 2020 boilermaker resolution registration," said Mark Donovan, president of the Boilermaker.
Registration will not be available for the 5K race until March when the usual registration process opens, beginning with early access followed by open registration.
A full explanation of New Year’s Day registration, its associated perks and general registration rules are available at boilermaker.com.
The Boilermaker Road Race will take place on Sunday, July 12, 2020.
- Boilermaker offering early registration for 2020 race
- Early access registration now open for Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker debuts resolution registration
- Boilermaker early registration opens at midnight
- Boilermaker 15K registration closes out
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- Open registration for the 2019 Boilermaker Road Race underway
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race
- Newstalk: Open registration for the Boilermaker
- Boilermaker officials already prepping for 2020's big race