PUERTO RICO -- The Boilermaker’s race director was honored at the Running USA Conference over the weekend in Puerto Rico
Jim Stasaitis was celebrated as one of several deserving people and organizations at the kick off of the 2019 Industry Conference Sunday.
He has been in the race director position for a decade now, and was inducted into the Running USA Hall of Champions.
The organization described him as “a passionate advocate for continuing education and advancement in the sport, clean athlete performance, and exceptional customer service to runners.”
Conference officials say the hall is reserved for “wonderful people with a devotion, vision, and commitment” to running.
Additionally to his accomplishments with the Boilermaker, Stasaitis was recognized for the 17 years as director of America’s Greatest Heart Run & Walk, where he quadrupled the fundraising total during his tenure.
This year’s Boilermaker Road Race will be run Sunday, July 14.
- Boilermaker race director celebrated at Running USA Conference
- Celebrate the Champions: Boilermaker 15K and 5K Race results
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Security heightened for this year's Boilermaker race
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Fun facts about the Boilermaker Road Race!
- Boilermaker motorcycle driver talks race day responsibilities
- GALLERY: 41st annual Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017