Are you a runner looking to carbo-load ahead of the big Boilermaker Road Race on Sunday? Or perhaps, you’re just a foodie, who loves a good meal – and know the greater Utica area offers tasty dishes that only get better on a celebratory-weekend.
Either way, we here at WKTV put together a list of the local eateries for everyone from near and far in the Mohawk Valley Boilermaker weekend.
A fresh burger and fries for $10 or a waffle with fresh berries for $8 Boilermaker weekend.
171 Genesee St
Utica, NY 13501
Friday and Saturday -- All you can Eat Pasta Marinara $9.99, or All you can Eat Chicken Riggies $15.00
239 Genesee St (4.11 mi)
Utica, New York 13501
Saturday -- A free pasta dinner for Boilermaker runners who come into the restaurant with their bib numbers.
(Don’t forget about the pasta challenge Saturday at noon – make sure you register online!)
8530 Seneca Tpke (8.36 mi)
New Hartford, New York 13413
Babe’s at Harbor Point:
A FREE pasta dinner to all 15K runners from 11am-11pm on Saturday, July 13, and a FREE kid’s pasta dish to all kid’s run participants from 11am-4pm on Saturday. Runner must bring bibs, kids must bring kid run t-shirt.
80 N Genesee St,
Utica, NY 13502
Wanna Play Café:
The Spaghetti & Meeples special will help you carb up before the big race or the Boilermaker Burger.
15 Auert Ave
Utica, New York 13502
Bagg’s Square Café:
A special Bacon Bleu Chicken sandwich with a great Bleu/Cream Cheese spread.
421 Broad Street.
Utica, NY 13502
Boilermaker Pasta Dinner:
Each year, runners have the opportunity to give to the United Way by dining at the Pasta Buffet sponsored by Sodexo. Runners, their family and friends can carb-up at the popular 'all-you-can-eat' pasta buffet, which features assorted pastas and sauces, salad, bread, dessert, and beverages. On Saturday, July 13 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. the dinner will be held at $7 a ticket at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica.
Mohawk Valley Community College (Utica Campus)
1101 Sherman Dr.
*If we missed any great Boilermaker specials ahead of the big race, please let us know!*
- Boilermaker specials for all runners, foodies looking to carbo-load ahead of race day
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- Boilermaker motorcycle driver talks race day responsibilities
- Race analyst Nate Getman talks top local Boilermaker runners to watch for
- Long-distance runner, Caroline Rotich, wins women's division of Boilermaker Road Race
- Utica man was the oldest runner in 2019 Boilermaker Road Race
- Harried Housewife: Loaded Chili
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!
- Boilermaker 2018 - Get ready to cheer the runners on!