WESTMORELAND, N.Y. - The Syracuse Police Department bomb squad unit was called to Westmoreland Thursday evening.
Officials with the Oneida County Sheriff's Department said someone discovered an old grenade on property along Moore Road. The person who found the grenade called local authorities – who in-turn called the bomb squad to dispose of the device.
Sheriff’s officials said that at no time was the general public in any danger.
- Bomb squad disposes of old grenade discovered in Westmoreland
- A Challenge for the Bomb Squad
- $2M going to New York bomb squads
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Westmoreland Masonic Lodge Open House
- Westmoreland town pool officially opens
- Three injured in Westmoreland accident
- Practice grenades prompted Utica evacuation on Tilden Avenue