BOONVILLE N.Y. -- Less than 24 hours after the fire started on Main Street in Boonville, all that remains is rubble and trees covered in ice.
Fire Crews have cleared the scene, and Main Street has reopened to traffic.
Boonville resident, Vanessa Schulz, shared fond memories of the buildings destroyed in the fire.
“When it was Ben Franklin in this area here where the Apple Blossom was, My Mom used to work there (at Ben Franklin) back in the 1970’s.” said Schulz. “It was just a really nice fun store to go to and the stores down through here were Adirondack Music, you always got the records and your TV’s, and your cassettes or eight tracks, whatever you wanted.” Schulz added.
With the loss of homes and businesses, there’s much to rebuild.
A GoFundMe page has been created. The page has surpassed it's goal of $10,000. Funds raised from the page will go to the Village of Boonville to help with those affected by the fire.
- Boonville woman shares fond memories of buildings destroyed in fire
- Ceiling of building collapses in Boonville
- Boonville Snowfest Postponed
- Boonville teen, Indiana woman win Boilermaker 5K
- Boonville residents react to devastating fire
- Boonville community collecting donations for fire victims
- Community raises more than $13K for victims after Boonville fire destroys homes, businesses
- Hulbert House: Future of landmark building in Boonville is unknown
- 15 displaced, 5 buildings lost as crews continue to battle Boonville fire
- House fire slows traffic on Route 12 in Boonville