BOONVILLE, NY – Residents of Boonville are getting ready to honor the men and women of the North Country, who have served their country.
Banners will be hung throughout the community of local military veterans, current service personnel, and historical wartime figures.
The banners will not only include a picture of the veteran, but also their name, branch of service, and when they served.
A reception was held Sunday, at the Harland J. Hennessey VFW Post in Boonville to reveal the banners.
Bob Lewis, Chairman of the North Country Proudly Honors Committee, says they got the idea for the banners when they saw similar banners in the New England area.
“We want to teach future generations the value of honoring those who have served. We have pride in our country. We have pride in our area.”
Families of the veterans received an 8x10 framed picture of their banner.
They’ll be hung around Boonville starting on Memorial Day, and remain hanging until Veterans Day.
- Boonville banners will honor North Country Veterans
- Boonville Snowfest Postponed
- North country digging out
- Megamillions ticket worth $3,000,000 sold in Boonville
- Boonville teen, Indiana woman win Boilermaker 5K
- SUV and car collide in Boonville crash
- Boonville pair arrested after meth lab discovery
- Boonville man charged after alleged physical dispute
- Tractor Supply Company coming to Boonville?
- Ceiling of building collapses in Boonville