BOONVILLE, NY – It’s been over two weeks since a devastating fire destroyed a portion of Boonville’s historic Main Street.
Numerous fundraisers have taken place since then to aid those affected by the fire.
Saturday, the group “What’s Happening in Boonville, New York” helped sponsor another fundraiser.
The “Boonville Blooms Again: Main Street Fire Relief Benefit Bash” featured live music, plenty of food and beverages and hundreds of items that were raffled off.
Bill Dustin, the founder of “What’s Happening in Boonville, New York” says people were lined up out the door waiting to help their community.
“Boonville is known for supporting each other when they go through things like this, but this has been incredibly heartwarming and amazing. Just this benefit in itself, in the first 40 minutes alone we already had about 350 people coming through the doors.”
All of the money raised from the benefit, as well as other fundraisers for the fire victims, will go into the Boonville Fire Fund.
- Boonville blooms again with aid from Main Street Fire Relief Benefit Bash
- Christmas on Main Street returns
- End of summer bash benefits Edward L. Clonan Post 1000
- 2nd Annual Boo Bash to benefit Herkimer VFW
- Boonville Snowfest Postponed
- Back to school class bash
- Boonville residents react to devastating fire
- Boonville community collecting donations for fire victims
- Union Station celebrates Christmas on Main Street
- House fire slows traffic on Route 12 in Boonville