BOONVILLE – The man charged in a Boonville homicide Saturday may have been under the influence when he allegedly went on a stabbing frenzy, killing a man and injuring two others.
State police arrested Brennan Iseneker, 30, on Saturday morning after being called to a domestic dispute at 208 Summit St. in Boonville. The altercation lead to the death of 31-year-old Cy Platt, who suffered multiple stab wounds to his head and neck.
According to Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara, authorities are investigating Iseneker's state of mind during the incident.
“…We have to look at how intoxicated was the person so we can make a decision on whether or not they were able to inform the intent to commit the crime. But having said that, voluntary intoxication is not a defense to a crime…But it is something we do have to look at and that is something that we are investigating and the state police are investigating that,” said McNamara.
McNamara has also confirmed that the murder weapon was a hunting knife.
State police say after Iseneker grabbed the knife, Iseneker's father tried to stop his son from wielding it toward others. When Iseneker's father was stabbed in the neck in the scuffle, Platt and another 31-year-old intervened. Iseneker’s 62-year-old father and the other unidentified man were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica to be treated for injuries.
Iseneker has been charged with one count of second-degree murder and two counts of second-degree assault. A felony hearing will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019. Pending the outcome of the hearing, the case will move to a grand jury.
Iseneker is currently being held at the Oneida County Jail without bail.
- Man accused in Boonville murder may have been under the influence, investigation continues
- UPDATE: Boonville homicide suspect charged with murder
- Felony hearing waived for Boonville murder suspect
- Boonville man accused of violating family order of protection
- Boonville Snowfest Postponed
- Boonville man charged after alleged physical dispute
- Boonville community continues to rally around displaced fire victims
- Suspect accused in Boonville murder to appear in county court for arraignment
- Boonville man killed in logging accident in Vienna
- Boonville man killed in late night snowmobile crash