Utica, N.Y. - For the second year in a row, forward Reid Boucher will be representing the Utica Comets at the AHL All-Star Classic as announced, Thursday.
Boucher leads the Comets this season with 31 points (17 goals, 14 assists) in 25 games played. This will be his second career AHL all-star appearance, as well.
His 17 goals on the year are tied for second in the AHL with six other players, but he has played in the least number of games out of all of those he's tied with.
The Grand Ledge, Michigan native represented the Comets, along with goalie Thatcher Demko, in the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic here in Utica last year.
Since joining the Comets at the beginning of last season, Boucher has averaged more than a point per game with 77 (42 goals, 35 assists) over the course of 70 games played.
The all-stars are selected by a committee of AHL coaches with each team getting at least one representative.
Former Comets, Cory Conacher (Syracuse Crunch) and Zac Dalpe (Cleveland Monsters) will also be representing the North Division, while former Comets captain Cal O'Reilly will be representing the Iowa Wild in the Central Division.
The 2019 AHL All-Star Classic will take place on January 27th and 28th at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Massachussetts, home of the Springfield Thunderbirds.
For complete 2019 AHL All-Star Classic rosters, click here.
- Boucher to represent Utica Comets in AHL All-Star Classic for second year in a row
- Demko, Boucher selected to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic
- NewsTalk: Rob Esche talks Comets & AHL All-Star Classic
- Demko, Boucher discuss All-Star Classic ahead of big weekend
- Vote for Utica Comets' mascot next week in AHL #MascotMadness!
- Demko, Boucher and the North Division win 2018 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Introducing AHL Fans to Utica
- Economic boost for Utica as AHL All-Star Classic comes to town
- Comets' Bachman to represent USA in 2018 Ice Hockey Classic
- Grenier wins hardest shot; Demko, Boucher get fans on their feet during 2018 AHL Skills Competition