Reid Boucher earned his first hat trick of the season, while Zack MacEwen chipped in with a goal and three assists for a four-point night. Jonathan Dahlen also found the net for Utica. Michael Leighton 25 saves to earn his third straight win.
Wayne Simpson scored a minute into the game to give the Amerks an early 1-0 lead. Victor Olofsson doubled the lead with a power play goal at the 14:49 mark of the first period.
The Comets got goals from MacEwen, Boucher, and Dahlen in a 58 second span to pull ahead 3-2 just four minutes into the middle frame. MacEwen took a pass in the neutral zone, streaked down the wing and ripped a shot short side high on Wilcox. Boucher put home a MacEwen rebound off of a faceoff 31 seconds later. Dahlen continued the blitz 27 seconds after that when he picked up a loose puck, danced around a defender and beat Amerks goalie Adam Wilcox five-hole for his 13th of the year.
Boucher struck again nine minutes into the third period, blasting a shot over the shoulder of Wilcox for the power play goal. MacEwen tallied the lone assist. Boucher netted the hat trick with an empty net goal to seal the game with 1:55 to go in regulation.
- Boucher's hat trick lifts Comets to victory over North Division leading Americans
- Boucher's hat trick lead Comets in hard-fought game against the Penguins
- Comets' Reid Boucher helps North Division to 2019 AHL All-Star Challenge title
- Comets use power play to lift to victory in Springfield
- Darcy's backhander lifts Comets to victory in overtime against Penguins
- Demko, Boucher and the North Division win 2018 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Boucher to represent Utica Comets in AHL All-Star Classic for second year in a row
- Daniel Romanchuk nabs 4th straight Boilermaker wheelchair division victory
- Comets close out regular season with overtime victory
- Comets finish October undefeated with 3-1 home victory over Devils