BOUCKVILLE, N.Y- Bouckville is definitely known for its antiques. They were on full display this weekend for the third annual Spring Antique Shop Hop.
A majority of the antique shops that lined State Route 20 were participating in the show. One of those stores is Victorian Rose, which is owned by Linn and Mike Harvey.
"We've been doing this for about ten years in this area, then I was in Nebraska for quite a few years and had a shop out there as well," said Linn Harvey.
Each shop along the route, lined with antiques from wall to wall. Shop owners said that the majority of people in the business are collectors themselves and enjoy the process of searching for the perfect antique.
"We like the hunt, and with having the shop, we look for our customers as much as we look ourselves," said Harvey.
Darleen and Bob Virgil own the shop across the street from Victorian Rose, named Canal House. They've been in the business for decades.
"My wife and I, we've been doing it all of our lives. Our parents did it, both sides, and we have just continued that practice," said Bob Virgil.
The shop owners throughout the area say that their really isn't any competition between the stores, they actually rely on each other. The store owners came up with the idea for the Antique Shop Hop over dinner.
"It got started a few years ago at a wing night that we go about every couple of times a month. So we all sat together ate some wings and came up with this idea and it just it just grows every year and its really becoming quite successful," said Virgil.
The next antique show starts May 31st and goes until June Second.
- Bouckville hosts 3rd annual Antique Shop Hop
- Antiquing no matter what
- Severe Thunderstorm hits the towns of Madison and Bouckville
- A closer look at the microburst in Bouckville and Madison
- Mug Club: Antique Power Days
- Mug Club: 3rd Annual Colie's Run
- UFD revamping antiquated Book of Rules
- Whitesboro police investigating break-ins at Potting Shed Antiques
- CVA hosts 12th Annual Mott Marathon Challenge
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala