BOONVILLE- Boonville Bowl was busy on Sunday for a benefit to help raise money to buy a special wheelchair for a high school senior.
Ryan Berwick was born three months early and has cerebral palsy. His mom, Sheri told NEWSChannel 2 they're trying to save up for a special wheelchair that reclines, and allows Ryan to stand at head height.
Berwick said a chair costs about $60,000, and they want it by graduation this year.
"We're really hoping to have that chair by graduation so he can stand and go across the stage and receive his diploma," said Ryan's mom, Sheri. "It would just be so great," she added.
Ryan's birthday is a week before graduation and Sheri said she hopes to get the chair by then.
- Bowling to raise money for Ryan
- Bowling tournament raises money for Special Olympics
- Bubba's Bowling Bonanza raises money for shelter pet beds
- Gala raises money for J-Rob Foundation
- Hoedown raises money for agricultural scholarship
- 'Bowling for Ryan' fundraiser aims to give local teen a new wheelchair
- Kristin's Fund Gala raises money and awareness for domestic violence
- The Polish Community Club raises money for Addie's Angels
- 5th annual Summer Happy Hour raises money for Hospice
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center