BOSTON (AP) - Ky Bowman scored 23 points, Jerome Robinson had 22 and Boston College snapped a three-game losing streak by dealing Syracuse's NCAA tournament hopes a serious blow with an 85-70 victory on Wednesday night.
Jordan Chatman added 18 points for the Eagles (17-13, 7-10 Atlantic Coast Conference). BC went 14 of 27 on 3-point attempts.
Tyus Battle paced the Orange (18-12, 7-10) with 29 points. Oshae Brissett had 18 points and nine rebounds for Syracuse, which lost its third straight.
The Eagles had opened a 58-45 lead on Robinson's steal and breakaway jam with just under 12 minutes to play, but the Orange sliced it to 58-51 on Battle's 3-point play.
The Eagles then took charge by scoring 15 of the next 21 points. Robinson and Bowman combined for 10.
In the opening half, BC moved the ball well, finding open shots outside Syracuse's 2-3 zone. The Eagles went 9 for 17 on 3-point attempts in the half en route to a 40-37 edge at the break.
Like usual when Syracuse visits BC, a large contingent of fans were dressed in Orange. A handful of times during the game they broke into chants of 'Let's Go Orange!'
They didn't have much to cheer for in the opening 14 minutes when Syracuse fell behind by double digits. But the Orange went on an 11-0 run late in the half to slice their deficit to three at halftime.
- Bowman and Robinson carry BC past Syracuse
- Battle and coach's son Buddy Boeheim carry SU past BC
- Syracuse hopeful senior QB Eric Dungey can play at BC
- Buddy Boeheim scores 20 as Syracuse rallies past Pitt
- Baylor shoots past Syracuse 78-69 in NCAA's West Region
- Lawrence leads No. 1 Clemson past Syracuse 41-6
- More than 250 Easter gift bags collected for kids at Thea Bowman House
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- Carrie Underwood makes chart history