SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A 14-year-old boy who police say carjacked a vehicle with two children inside and drove off as their mother held on to the car is facing kidnapping and other charges.
The Syracuse Post-Standard reports the mother of the 6- and 7-year-old children was standing outside the parked car when the teen approached and got into the driver's seat Sunday afternoon in Syracuse.
Syracuse police say the mother was dragged as she hung onto the car to try to stop the driver.
Another driver drove in front of the car to stop it.
Police say the teen, whose name was not released because of his age, ran away but was later caught by an "unknown citizen."
The children were not harmed. The mother suffered minor injuries.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Boy charged with kidnapping for taking car with kids inside
- Police describe chaotic scene inside Pizza Boys restaurant
- Uber driver charged with kidnapping New York woman
- 1,400 kids take part in 2018 Utica National Kids Run
- 1,400 kids take part in Boilermaker Kids Run
- Police: Baby found after thieves steal car with child inside
- Woman found passed out in car with 2 kids facing Leandra's Law charge
- Local kids take part in annual Youth Run
- UPD body camera video takes courtroom observers inside UC day of lockdown
- Free car seat inspections taking place in Ilion today