New York Mills, N.Y. - We have received calls into the newsroom from two residents and one business in New Hartford stating they are without water.
Another resident says there are multiple water main breaks along Henderson Street as well as one at the intersection of Henderson Street with Commercial Drive.
A manager from the nearby Homewood Suites says their hotel is without water and they are filled to capacity.
There is one water main break on Henderson Street near the intersection of Royal Brook Lane which is one block up from Commercial Drive.
So much water was released, that it has affected the area down to Commercial Drive.
Mohawk Valley Water Authority Executive Director Patrick Becher says the water has been shut off and there is a crew on scene working to fix the break. He says the hope is to have water restored within about two to three hours. But again, that all depends on the actual break.
A boil water advisory has been issued for the area.
- Water Main break in New York Mills
- Update of Breaking News: Water main breaks in New York Mills
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- UPDATE: Pressure buildup caused water main break in New Hartford
- Keeping up with water main breaks
- Water main break on Champlin Avenue
- Water main break impacting traffic in Kirkland
- UPDATE: Water restored in Sauquoit following Mohawk Street main break
- UPDATE: Water main repaired in Ilion following overnight break
- UPDATE: Water authority fixes main break on Henderson Street