UTICA – Democratic congressional candidate Anthony Brindisi brought star power to the North Utica Community Center on Tuesday for a talk on social security.
Jon “Bowzer” Bauman of the hit rock band Sha Na Na is the president of the Social Security Works PAC, and he’s a national advocate for the protection and strengthening of Social Security.
The PAC conducted a poll recently that found a majority of Americans would vote for a candidate who will protect Social Security.
Bauman says that today’s economic climate isn’t hurting it.
“A strong economy with more workers paying into the program does help Social Security, without a doubt,” Bauman said. “The notion that it's going bankrupt is absurd. If no one touched it, it would pay out 77 percent of its benefit beginning in 2037.”
Bauman says that it’s up to Congress to preserve and protect Social Security.
- Brindisi and Jon 'Bowzer' Bauman talk Social Security in Utica
- Brindisi talks to local seniors about medication costs, social security
- Avoiding Social Security scams
- Brindisi, Griffo secure $175,000 to enhance Whitesboro schools' security
- Fate of Medicare & Social Security
- Police: Suspicious package delivered to Social Security office in Utica
- Brindisi, Social Security rep weigh in on day 19 of government shutdown
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Brindisi, Griffo secure state funding to fix Chenango Road Bridge