ROME, N.Y. -- Congressman Anthony Brindisi has launched a new initiative called "Brindisi at Your Business.”
It's part of his effort to help grow our local economy and create jobs.
Monday during his first stop, he joined leaders and employees at Sovena USA in Rome.
He toured the facility to learn more about any issues facing the business.
Sovena is known for its on-site quality control lab, which some say is a one-of-a-kind in our nation.
Company officials say it's nice to know that the newly elected congressman wants to hear directly from the small businesses themselves.
"We are working at the industry level at on several things with the California and California growers together with the companies that are importing olive oil making sure that we can get to a point of alignment and what the industry should be regulated on that I think is something that could come along way,” said Jorge Pena, with Sovena.
Brindisi says he is looking for local small businesses to contact his office if they would like to be among the businesses he tours as part of his 'Brindisi at Your Business' initiative.
- 'Brindisi at Your Business' hopes to help grow local economy, create jobs
- Oneonta business uses crayons to create jobs
- Brindisi hopes to secure strong borders despite government shutdown
- Snowstorm affects local businesses
- Brindisi holds fundraiser at Chesterfield
- Brindisi announces "Valentines for Veterans"
- Brindisi commits to helping local farmers and veterans
- Brindisi's lead grows as Herkimer and Broome counties finish absentee ballots
- In weaker-than-expected jobs report, US economy added 155,000 jobs in November
- No Budget No Pay: 'If Congress doesn't do its job, it shouldn't get paid,' Brindisi says