UTICA- On Sunday afternoon, Assemblymen Anthony Brindisi held a Tax Talk Town Hall at the Mohawk Valley Resource Center in Utica, to give residents a chance to voice questions or concerns regarding the tax bill.
Brindisi told NEWSChannel 2 the bill takes away local and state tax deductions, which he said could hurt several New York residents.
He also said the bill is a tax break for the wealthy Americans and corporations. He said he believes people who are working several jobs just to make ends meet, should get the tax break.
He said officials in Washington shouldn't rush in passing the bill, "I would say lets put the brakes on this thing." He added, "It just seems like this one is being rushed through so fast without actual input from the public and we really need to hit the brakes on this thing and make sure we're putting forward the best tax bill possible."
NEWSChannel 2 also reached out to Congresswoman Claudia Tenney for a statement, here's what she said:
"Anthony Brindisi is the reason taxes in New York are so high. In Albany, he rubber stamped Cuomo's wasteful spending that has caused the tax burden to skyrocket for hardworking Upstate families, driving jobs and people out of our state in record numbers. In Washington, he'd be another vote for Nancy Pelosi's out-of-touch San Francisco agenda. Claudia Tenney is fighting to bring jobs back to our community, reignite America's manufacturing base and provide real relief to families who have fallen behind under the failed policies of liberals in Albany and Washington."
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Brindisi Holds Town Hall in Herkimer County
- VA Holds Town Hall
- Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi holds town hall in Utica
- Brindisi to hold town hall in Utica this evening
- Brindisi to hold February town hall in Rome
- Congressman Brindisi holds town hall meeting at HCCC
- Congressman Brindisi holds Town Hall in New Hartford
- Congressman Brindisi holds Town Hall in New York Mills
- Congressman Brindisi holds Telephone Town Hall regarding Coronavirus